- Company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry.
- Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- As part of Digital, The Coverages and Benefits team is responsible to enable United Health Care 40+MM members to navigate through the high complexity of the Health Care System.
- There are big challenges in bringing the right, precise and succinct information to members that help them out in finding which benefits and coverages they can leverage to have the best care. Primary Responsibilities:
- Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method.
- The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
- These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output.
- This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert on specific areas
- Serves as a leader/ mentor to the team
- BS degree or higher in computer science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of software engineering development of web applications using NodeJS
- 4+ years of web application topology
- 2+ defining architectural design and documentation
- 5+ years of experience with NodeJS and ecosystem, including React, Next, NX, etc.
- Experience with Application Cloud deployment and maintenance
- Experience with writing application as components that can be embedded into larger apps.
- Candidates with React Native experience will be considered as a plus.
- Decide on common performance trade offs
- Work with different stakeholders to gather requirements and details
- strong experience (3+ years) using production grade NodeJS who can work independently with feature work and minimal oversight.
- experience with application life cycle (work tracking, common repositories, build automation, continuous deployment, cluster orchestration)
- strong experience with application quality and support (testing strategies monitoring, alerting, reporting, application performance)
Team and Team size:
Technology Careers with . Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives.
This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved.
We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed.
We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions.
This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:
UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Group is a drug-free workplace.
Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.