*background check required
Looking for a Software Test Engineer to join our R&D Organization to develop formal tests for software for cardiac ablation systems. The Software Test Engineer may also be responsible for implementing procedures, processes, and test systems to support this effort.
Areas of responsibilities will primarily include manual software test system design and execution. Candidates must be able to plan and organize test cases and strategy, generate and review traceability to design requirements, and develop and review test specifications, procedures, and reports in compliance with design control procedures used within the medical device industry. Candidates must be willing to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, team environment.
CAS R&D seeks candidates who will meet our customer expectations by striving without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products, processes and systems by being accountable, having a voice, and taking action.
- Contribute to the formal verification testing effort for Windows-based computing systems software, which is integrated with mechanical and electrical systems, by designing and executing manual software test cases.
- Work in an evolving, maturing Agile environment as part of scrum team, in consultation with a test lead and other test engineers, scrum masters, product owners, and developers.
- Support troubleshooting by effectively communicating and explaining detected anomalies to the SW development team, including detailed steps to reproduce and other pertinent technical context wherever possible.
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle.
- Effectively work with individuals from various engineering disciplines in a variety of locations, including supporting Manufacturing in troubleshooting operations through assembly and test.
- Provide technical assistance to other functional departments such as Systems, Quality, Reliability, and Manufacturing.
- 3+ years of application testing and/or development experience with Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Computer Science, Software, Biomedical, or Electrical preferred), or 2+ years of experience with additional advanced degree.
- 1+ years of formal, requirements-based application testing experience.
- Strong experience in technical specification, traceability analysis, test case development, and report writing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a multi-site team environment displaying strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely summarize complex technical concepts and problems.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio and Test Manager.
- Experience with security techniques and protocols.
- Experience with medical devices or other regular industries, cardiac ablation or electrophysiology products are a plus.
- Specific knowledge of FDA software validation requirements and international medical device standards such as 62304.