We are seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented and sales-minded leader with a competitive edge. This individual will play an integral role in expanding Horizontal Talent’s market share while mentoring and managing a sales team of their own. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized and a proactive problem solver who is passionate about delivering a first-class sales experience for our external clients and candidates.
What you will do:
- Lead, motivate and support the team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment
- Identify and generate new business opportunities for our talent solutions service line
- Work closely with the account management team and provide support and mentorship when needed
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships with key client decision makers
- Resolve conflicts and provide solutions to clients in a timely manner
- Combine a strong work ethic with a best/smartest practices approach to produce results
- Lead generation by building a qualified network of prospects and new clients
- Develop long-term professional relationships with potential, new and existing clients
- Stay up to date with industry developments/trends and maintain an awareness of competitor activity within our active markets
- Develop and deliver presentations, negotiate contracts and facilitate the execution of service agreements
- Participate in networking activities such as attending user groups and professional association meetings
What you bring:
- 4+ years of experience working in a fast-paced environment and have a background in staffing; IT and/or creative industries preferred
- Previous experience managing and mentoring a team is preferred but not required
- Values-driven, highly professional and a strong focus on quality and managing a successful sales team
- Team-orientated, entrepreneurial, innovative and creative
- Able to engage, consult and negotiate at the highest levels
- Client driven with excellent relationship management skills
- Experienced in marketing/selling consulting or recruitment solutions/services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an effective communicator and leader
- Previous experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Adobe
- Experience with sourcing tools and techniques such as online social networking, traditional networking, Boolean searches, LinkedIn and ZoomInfo strongly preferred
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail
- Competitive, driven and tenacious with a desire to succeed
- Previous ATS experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Horizontal Talent specializes in staffing for IT, digital marketing & creative and business and strategy skillsets. We connect forward thinking talent with companies that are shaping today’s world. Our definition of success means building lasting partnerships where we combine innovative solutions, exceptional talent and best-in-class companies.
Horizontal is different from other staffing companies, and we live by our 5 pillars:
When we work together, the sum is always greater than the parts. Trust, dedication and teamwork bring lasting, more meaningful partnerships.
We serve local communities through charitable actions, education and training, environmental programs and a commitment to diversity.
We stand behind our beliefs, take responsibility for our actions and treat each other with respect. We conduct ourselves humbly, honestly and ethically.
We believe that positivity fuels possibility. This spirit elevates our collective output and sparks an environment that feeds on momentum.
Timing is everything in our business. We bring urgency to each of our actions so that we can meet and surpass the expectations of our clients, consultants and colleagues.
Horizontal Talent is in the top 2% of staffing firms worldwide, based on revenue. The company is consistently recognized for being a top workplace in the Twin Cities and one of the fastest growing private companies in the United States. Our mission is to provide unmatched service and support: the best talent for our clients, the best opportunities for our consultants and a rewarding experience for our employees. Horizontal Talent has more than 250 employees across seven global offices in Minneapolis (HQ), Denver, Dallas, DC, Chicago, Vadodara, Bangalore, Dubai, Pune, Hyderabad and Kuala Lumpur.