Senior IT Project Manager
This position will play a support role in creating a cohesive portfolio of projects to support ITS and larger organizational strategies, as well as communicating and executing upon the overall strategy for the organization. During project execution the Project Manager is accountable for the success of all projects under their supervision in a matrixed organization. Plan, execute, and deliver all projects on time, on budget, and within scope in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the manager tracks project status and manages project teams to mitigate issues and risks.
What You’ll Do
- Work collaboratively with IT leadership and internal customers to establish project portfolio and prioritize within that portfolio for execution.
- Collaborate with customer and departmental leadership to prioritize and appropriately resource projects adhering to roadmaps and organizational priorities.
- Act as liaison/relationship manager/primary point of contact between ITS organization and other support or business organizations.
- Provide project execution leadership and management adhering to project methodology and compliance standards, as well as act as PM throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Build, lead, and coach multiple project teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Provide critical and project status updates including project portfolio alignment, project execution performance, and business sponsor success criteria.
- Build, maintain and execute to a stakeholder matrix including IT and internal organization, value stream, and program leadership.
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered.
- Support the execution of the ITS and organization strategy, utilizing change management strategies (drive enterprise alignment).
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- Related Bachelor’s and 8 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 14 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate IT project portfolio and lead multiple projects simultaneously including but not limited to infrastructure build and maintenance, application development and deployment, and network optimization.
- Ability to work in dynamic high tempo environment and directly interface with customer.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to determine an appropriate level of detail given project milestones.
- Excellent planning, and time management skills.
- Strong computer knowledge, must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, and PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and able to work independently as needed.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Comfortable with, and able to provide structure to, ambiguous and fluid situations.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, and is also able to work well in teams.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma and ITIL concepts.
- Ability to scope, manage, execute and deliver on multiple small to large, complex projects in a timely manner.
- PMP preferred will consider CSM.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $52.16 per hour - $71.88 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. In compliance in compliance with state laws and regulations related to job posting requirements, the salary range for this role is $15.00 -$115.00 per hour (hourly rates in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.