This position is 50% remote 50% onsite in Lafayette, CO.
Systems Administrator II
What You’ll Do
- Be part of the DevOps team to champion a culture of automation, collaboration, innovation, and learning.
- Conduct code reviews, automated builds, database migrations, security scanning, and integration/regression testing.
- Collaborate with teams to design and implement and troubleshoot pipeline stages that meet business objectives.
- Build capabilities that will ensure quality and facilitate the rapid, secure, reliable deployment of applications to internal, hybrid-cloud and cloud environments.
- Collaborate with team members and business users to clarify requirements and confirm design/implementation.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements of existing systems.
- Collaborate with others to evangelize the DevOps culture, including representing DevOps principles and platform capabilities to all levels of the company.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- Related Bachelor’s and 5 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 11 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and collaborative skills.
- Interest in learning new skills and keeping pace with changing technologies.
- A passion for DevOps tools and culture
- Required Skills in one or more of the following:
- GitLab and Atlassian stacks
- Containerization with Docker or Podman
- System Administration and/or Software Developer experience
- Experience with source control automation
- Git source control and branching strategies
- Scripting specifically around configuration and automation with PowerShell, Bash, Python, or equivalent languages
- Building Continuous Integration pipelines
- Dev/Ops CI/CD processes
- Developing tools and/or automation frameworks
Future Clearance Required:
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after a fulltime offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $41.83 per hour - $56.49 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. In compliance in compliance with state laws and regulations related to job posting requirements, the salary range for this role is $15.00 -$115.00 per hour (hourly rates in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.