MarCom Specialist I: Customer Engagement & Events Project Support – Marketing & Communications
This role supports the Customer Engagement & Events Team, as well as other areas in the Marketing & Communications organization as needed. This position will support a variety of projects – with emphasis on logistical planning, conference room schedule management and other task, ensuring timely and accurate completion. The person in this position needs to be adaptable, able to support multiple projects at once and willing to jump in and support the team with tasks/projects.
What You’ll Do
- Calendar management for Conference Center & Customer Conference Room, to include scheduling meetings, conflict resolution and preparing weekly look ahead reports for various team members. Update and ensure accuracy of access list for access-controlled areas.
- Update and Maintain department Look-Ahead calendar and oversee possible transition to a Microsoft Teams platform.
- General project support to Customer Engagement & Events Team to include preparing for meetings, preparation of background/briefing materials, gathering of necessary information and support with action item tracking.
- Submit Facility, Parking and IT support requests as needed.
- Place catering orders and support setup for employee events, customer engagements and other events/activities as needed.
- Support department bi-weekly and meetings including scheduling, preparation of presentation materials, and procuring appropriate support staff.
- Perform in an open and sometimes stressful environment with many interruptions while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrate high caliber customer service capabilities in support of the business objectives.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to plan and anticipate needs.
- Strong computer skills including PC-based applications such as: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Internet Explorer, Teams.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred.
- Strong calendar management skills coupled with the ability to sort the urgent from the non-urgent.
- Excellent written and presentation preparation skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties requiring attention to detail, initiative and exercise of independent judgment while adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally and diplomatically with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external constituencies.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands and produce desired results.
- Ability to form trusting relationships with staff of key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Embracing of diverse and inclusive environments.
- High integrity and discretion.
- Must be able to handle confidential material and information on a regular basis, maintain discretion and display a high degree of trust and professionalism.
- Preferred project management experience.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. In compliance in compliance with state laws and regulations related to job posting requirements, the salary range for this role is $15.00 -$115.00 per hour (hourly rates in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.