• Someone who has led meetings and presented presentations of content approaches
• Edit for voice, tone, grammar, accuracy *Plus, ability to edit and consult to business goals
• Ability to look at facts/research around the content ensuring it's accuracy
• Able to consult with business partners about strategy, content, certain approaches (make good sound decisions, taking the place of the digital content manager in meetings)
• Ability to ramp up on business knowledge fast (both healthcare and health insurance)
• Healthcare nice to have
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Minimum qualifications needed for this position)
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or other Liberal Arts discipline, Technical writing, or Business.
• 5+ years in marketing and communications, journalism, public relations or other related field.
• Knowledge and experience with corporate communications, print publications and print materials, or experienced in or familiar with online publishing
• Digital expertise, understanding of user experience design principles
• Computer experience (Microsoft programs - Outlook, Word, Excel), Social Media (Facebook), Copier, Fax, Printer, Voicemail
• Leadership and collaboration skills, coupled with excellent editing skills.
• Sensitive to special communications needs; able to handle/refer patient and public concerns appropriately and confidentially.
• Team member needs to be well-organized, able to handle a variety of complex projects and assignments simultaneously and thrive under deadline pressure with minimal direction.
• Thorough knowledge of general office procedures required.
• Knowledge of health care industry preferred.
• AP Style knowledge preferred.