HR Business Partner
The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
What you will do:
- Serve as business unit HR liaison.
- Lead or assist with special projects/initiatives (example: DE&I, HRIS implementation, etc.)
- Performance Management: training, coaching, annual review process management, PIP management and oversight, succession planning, etc.
- Compensation Management: provide data and recommendation, execute on agreed upon changes
- Employee Relations: responding to and management of ER issues
- Onboarding Experience: helping to shape what this looks like in partnership with Talent acquisition and HR Ops
- Off Boarding: oversight of the off-boarding experience, conducts exit interviews, and manages termination logistics with HR Ops
- Manage EVP messaging and communication efforts for the respective business unit.
- Training and Development – manager and employee, as dictated by business unit
- Stakeholder reporting
What you bring:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Staffing Industry experience, a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Horizontal Talent specializes in staffing for IT, digital marketing & creative and business and strategy skillsets. We connect forward thinking talent with companies that are shaping today’s world. Our definition of success means building lasting partnerships where we combine innovative solutions, exceptional talent and best-in-class companies.
Horizontal is different from other staffing companies, and we live by our 5 pillars:
When we work together, the sum is always greater than the parts. Trust, dedication and teamwork bring lasting, more meaningful partnerships.
We serve local communities through charitable actions, education and training, environmental programs and a commitment to diversity.
We stand behind our beliefs, take responsibility for our actions and treat each other with respect. We conduct ourselves humbly, honestly and ethically.
We believe that positivity fuels possibility. This spirit elevates our collective output and sparks an environment that feeds on momentum.
Timing is everything in our business. We bring urgency to each of our actions so that we can meet and surpass the expectations of our clients, consultants and colleagues.
Horizontal Talent is in the top 2% of staffing firms worldwide, based on revenue. The company is consistently recognized for being a top workplace in the Twin Cities and one of the fastest growing private companies in the United States. Our mission is to provide unmatched service and support: the best talent for our clients, the best opportunities for our consultants and a rewarding experience for our employees. Horizontal Talent has more than 250 employees across seven global offices in Minneapolis (HQ), Denver, Dallas, DC, Chicago, Vadodara, Bangalore, Dubai, Pune, Hyderabad and Kuala Lumpur.