• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; major or coursework in Computer Science preferred
• Minimum of seven years’ experience in an information technology setting, to include at least five years’ experience working within design, engineering, and administration disciplines. Deep knowledge and experience within technology subject matter area.
• Highly innovative problem solving orientation with strong analysis and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience in design and development of automated deployment mechanisms using scripting methodologies (PERL, Python, PowerShell, Shell) or other tools such as Terraform/Cloud Formation or Ansible/Chef/Puppet.
• Proficient in a DevSecOps culture with knowledge or experience delivering using Agile methodologies.
• Demonstrated experience in mentorship and serving as a technical subject matter expert within a team.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
Do you want to work for a highly respected organization that values your contributions? Use your design and engineering experience to help support the health of the nation's economy! The Information Technology Architect Group is looking for a versatile Software Engineer to work as part of our Development Operations teams, supporting a diverse portfolio of applications. Our teams work closely with business partners to design and develop code applications for several key businesses in the organization. We are looking to add a versatile developer who could contribute expertise in designing and developing of automated deployment mechanisms using scripting methodologies and expertise within development operations setting. If this appeals to you, please come join our team!
• Contributes to engineering design and deployment of new application features, components or infrastructures
• Contributes to the development and maintenance of local standards, patterns, and practices for engineering design and deployment of application or infrastructure components.
• Creates and maintains detailed documentation, such as: design diagrams, engineering specifications and operational support manuals
• Partners with service providers, such as National IT, where required during engineering design and deployment activities.
• Implements and enforces policies and practices for system security and reliability.
• Contributes to incident and problem management processes for supported application and platform components.
• Designs and develops code to drive automated delivery and configuration of application or platform components.
• Collaborates with Business Owners, Application Developers and QA Engineers to perform testing of application or platform components.
• Assists Business Owners and Application Development teams with system requirements and environment analysis.
• Collaborates with Application Developers, QA Engineers, Product Owners, and others to create deployment procedures and best practices.
• Partners with Business Owners and Application Development teams on system assessments and reviews including analysis of capacity, reliability and performance of applications or infrastructures.
• Evaluates and recommends new tools, techniques and processes to improve speed, quality, efficiency, and scalability of delivery.
• Participates in and may lead groups/committees related to processes, standards and best practices.
• Acts as an internal consultant by providing technical guidance to others.
• Mentors engineers and developers on proper techniques for designing and developing scalable applications.
• Interacts with technology vendors or partners to assist with the design, delivery or implementation of complex components or infrastructures.
• Leads by example, demonstrating high performance in the areas of customer satisfaction, collaboration, team work, and reliability.
• Performs other duties as assigned.