*Completed 4 year degree (no exceptions)
*background/drug check required
The Senior Communications Specialist (Contractor) is a part of the Employee and Change Communications Center of Excellence (COE) within Corporate Internal Communications. This position plays a critical role in partnering with and supporting the Information Technology (IT) function on delivering internal communications planning and implementation. The incumbent will help advance and transform our work, support internal storytelling and provide expertise on internal communications tools, techniques and best practices.
This person will partner with the Internal Communications team to counsel on effective internal content and channel strategies to unite and inspire employees. The role primarily supports Global User Services (GUS) and Global IT infrastructure projects. This role is also responsible for ensuring consistency of on-brand messaging across internal communications channels, as well as enabling a data-driven strategy that drives our approach and enhancements. This role reports to the Director, Employee and Change Communications COE and works closely with the IT Internal Communications team.
This role can be based near any of our marquee U.S. locations including Boulder, CO, Mansfield, MA, North Haven, CT, Irvine, CA, Memphis, TN, Minneapolis, MN, or remote near Washington, D.C. or other metro area.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Support the IT function in planning, executing, refining and measuring key internal communications and change management initiatives
- Address gaps and opportunities for better communications; implement communications mechanisms to promote collaboration and idea-sharing
- Align communications strategy to overall IT strategic plan
- Handle the creation and implementation of multiple forms of internal strategic communication activities, programs and content guided by the Mission and overall business strategy
- Lead strategies, produce content, and organize events to help align the organization's goals in support of greater employee engagement and business impact
- Edit and publish stories, leader messages and other content in accordance with our content strategy
- Assist in design and maintenance of digital communication for the function
- Support the team leader in advancing the internal communications strategy through key partnerships across the Global Communications function
- Support the IT internal communications plans and, in some cases, responsible for specific elements of execution
- Raise risks and concerns as necessary
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years experience in internal communications or public relations in a corporate and/or agency environment, or an advanced degree and 2+ years experience
Nice to Have
- IT Communications experience or background preferred
- Experience with or working knowledge of programs and applications such as PowerPoint, Microsoft Office 365, MS Teams, SharePoint, Yammer and various desktop publishing
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Excellent verbal, writing, editing and organizational skills
- Unwavering attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Willingness to learn and implement the brand voice in communications
- Able to work independently, partner with senior level executives to build communications plans and programs and have a high-level of strategic as well as tactical communications acumen
- Effective collaboration with colleagues, teammates as directed; possess sense of teamwork.
- Superb people skills - must be comfortable working with colleagues both in person and remotely, across time zones and geographic regions
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Accuracy, accountability, and strong organizational skills are essential to a successful performance