- The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforcing network security policies and compliance requirements.
- The role is expected to contribute to documentation and adhere to SLA targets and requirements.
- The daily duties include hands-on troubleshooting, interfacing with clients and associates as needed to resolve complex cases, maintaining and patching managed security platforms.
Specific installation tasks could include:
• Physically install and connect firewalls and other security appliances
• Install latest vendor-approved stable OS on appliances
• Create virtual firewalls with appropriate configurations and policies
• Configure remote access VPN functionality
• Configure site-to-site VPN functionality
• Configure firewall interfaces, network configurations, access control lists and policies, routing, remote access (VPN) and next-generation firewall feature sets implementing best practices
• Integrate firewall with Forti Manager, Forti Analyzer, Forti Authenticator and other Fortinet products as required
• Configure high availability
• Configure SIEM Integration
Provide direct technical support including:
• Basic troubleshooting on the full range of Fortinet products
• Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information
• Collection and analysis of customer network information
• Collection and initial analysis of packet trace information
• Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
• Provide customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge
• Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
• Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment
• Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case
• Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case
Job Skills Required:
• Experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
• Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti-Spam, virus scanning
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Extensive working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
• Previous Managed Security Service (MSS) experience, supporting security products is desirable.
• Strong English skills both written and verbal.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable
• Fortinet NSE4 and higher certifications strongly desired
• Palo Alto
• Broader security certifications a plus