• Working knowledge and experience with at least some of the following Log tools (Snare, Syslog, Logstash, syslog-ng etc.)
• Linux system design and administration (installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, patching, log analysis, performance tuning, etc.)
• Automation of repeatable tasks with the help of scripting (Python, Linux shell scripting)
• Ability to Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve operational issues in complex, multi-tier application architectures
• Analyzes security requirements for the management and administration of security technology.
• Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
• Participates in reviews and updates of security policies, standards, procedures.
• Ability to tune, configure and implement detection logic in security platforms.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Administration experience with Snare log management solution
• Updating security tools on Linux systems
• Troubleshooting of Linux Servers and Logging application, services beyond the basics
• Basic knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL and PSQL
• Understanding of essential network services such as DNS, SMTP, NTP and SNMP
• Have working administrative knowledge with vulnerability management (Tenable)
• Hands on experience with security log collection and enterprise SIEM solution
• Perform administrative and engineering work on Security Operation Center tools
• Developing strategies to improve operational workflow
• Provide recommendations to overall system deployment and design
• Develop detailed supporting documentation regarding technical projects
• Write detailed security documentation on technical security assessments, policies and procedures
• Manage customer expectation and attend all mandatory review / regulatory discussions related to the specific project being delivered
• Knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles as a means of relating business needs and security controls
• Ability to communication with audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to effectively perform job duties
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Ubuntu, RHEL based systems
• Expert in Linux and/or Windows System Administration.
• Expert in Linux shell scripting, Python, or Perl.
• Advanced experience in networking (TCP/IP) protocols, computer/network security, firewalls and system administration.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
• Have relevant industry IT and/or security certifications. RHCE, Security+
• Security certification desired
• 3+ year of IT Security experience with Master’s Degree
• 5+ year of IT Security experience with Bachelor’s Degree
• SANS, ISC2 or relevant industry recognized certifications