Position background: What does this position accomplish for the business? The Associate Director, Analytics will support Enterprise Occupational Health and Safety (EOHS) within a global advanced analytics community. They will work closely with stakeholders across the EOHS team to understand business needs, direct reporting analysis on priorities, and delegate the build of reporting solutions to support operations and strategic, data driven decisions.
Please describe the team the candidate will be working with (number of team members break-down of the teams skill sets team culture etc.). 5-10 EOHS reporting team members and 75+ global analytics team members. The global team has a wide range of skills and focus on different areas of Human Capital.
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position (please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)?
- Work collaboratively with EOHS and business leaders and the analytics community in the prioritization of standard and ad-hoc reports
- Delegate and assign work to reporting analysts on the EOHS reporting team
- Assist in maintaining and creating user stories for agile solutions
- Drive automation of recurring reporting needs and optimization of self-service reporting tools
- Lead large scale projects related to the health of our workforce
- Create and maintain internal process documentation and customer-facing help documents
- Identify ongoing process improvement opportunities and demonstrate improvement of defined processes in consultation with stakeholders
- Responsible for leading others through influence, rather than direct authority, and building strong cross-functional relationships with key partners
- Act as a functional subject matter expert for EOHS data
- Support projects and change initiatives as assigned
What does the ideal candidate background look like (ex: healthcare specific background specific industry experience etc.)? Experiencing managing people, experience in a fast-paced matrixed organization.
What skills/attributes are required (please be detailed as to number of years of experience for each skill)?
- 5+ years of experience analyzing business, financial or clinical data
- 5+ years of report development and dashboard building
- 2+ years leading people (directly or indirectly)
- Experience in a matrixed organization
- Intermediate level of proficiency in data extraction, manipulation and management
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, conditional formatting, IF statements, VLOOKUPs, drop down lists, text to column, etc.)
- Intermediate level of proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau or Domo
- Intermediate level of proficiency of SQL/HiveQL (select statements, counts, filters, group by, order by, etc.) to help drive data strategy
- Ability to research issues, investigate the data accuracy, and perform quality checks
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Experience leading large scale projects
- Experience working with VPs and C-Suite
What skills/attributes are preferred (what will set a candidate apart)?
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business or a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Oracle, SQL Server, Datameer, Alteryx or other database applications
- Experience partnering and working with global business partners
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Kanban/agile tools such as Rally or Swift
Does this position require a professional license or certification? If so please list. No
Work hours (ex. 9am-5pm day/night shifts rotating shifts etc)? 8am-4pm / day shift
What is the dress code (ex: business casual scrubs etc.)? Business Casual
How would you prefer to interview? (Video phone or in person? How many rounds?) 4. 1-Manager, 2-Reporting Team, 3-Leadership Peers, 4-VP