As an Application Security Engineer, you will work alongside architects and engineers to design secure software solutions for both on-prem and cloud infrastructure. You will be responsible for analyzing complex systems, identifying security vulnerabilities, advocating for security across engineering teams and leadership, and influencing product design and architecture.
As a part of the larger Information Security team, you'll work with software engineers to improve the security of our products across the development lifecycle. You'll get to apply your breaker skills in pentesting products, and sharpen your builder skills in working to automate security assessments and shape software architecture.
- Perform deep architecture and security reviews on highly complex products to identify vulnerabilities.
- Influence and assist engineer teams in feature design, threat modeling, and security-critical code and architecture.
- Develop and implement automation to eliminate entire classes of weaknesses across the organization.
- Champion Application and Information Security both within the organization, and with our customers.
What We Value
- 3+ years of development or software engineering experience and a passion for security.
- Ability to communicate technical security concepts to diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating code for vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
- Experience with complex architectures and codebases (e.g. SOA or microservice).
- Experience utilizing/with CodeQL.
- Experience performing black-box testing of web applications.
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. In compliance in compliance with state laws and regulations related to job posting requirements, the salary range for this role is $180,000-$210,000(salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.