Some of the characteristics the manager is looking for in a contractor for this role are:
• Knowledge and experience in building and analyzing linear regression, logistic regression, generalized linear models, and time series models
• Experience in converting business problems into statistical problems, building models to solve the statistical problem, then use the models to develop business recommendations to solve the business problem
• Knowledge of optimization techniques and application to business problems
• Experience in pulling data from multiple sources, cleaning the data, and preparing the data for analysis
• Experience in using a structure workflow in their problem solving
• Experience in using Git to manage model versions
• Experience with R and Python
• 3+ years of applying the above in a business environment
Data scientists use data and analytical ability to find and interpret rich data sources; manage large amounts of data despite hardware, software, and bandwidth constraints; merge data sources; ensure consistency of data sets; create visualizations to aid in understanding data; build mathematical models using the data; and present and communicate the data insights/findings. 2-4 years of experience required.
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. In compliance in compliance with state laws and regulations related to job posting requirements, the salary range for this role is $15.00 -$115.00 per hour (hourly rates in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.