Horizontal Talent, part of Horizontal and sister company to Horizontal Digital, is looking for a Content Manager to create, write and manage the execution of content across all marketing channels while telling cohesive, cross-platform stories, that help position Horizontal Talent in the staffing industry. Working within our marketing department and across the company, the Content Manager will help bring our brand to life. If you are a masterful storyteller; versed at writing content, managing and executing on content then this is the right job for you!
Our ideal candidate is creative, able to work independently, loves writing copy and managing content and is interested in learning about the staffing industry or already knows the staffing industry. We want someone with the ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically as this will be essential to manage multi-channel digital campaign calendars, collaborate closely with colleagues across departments and oversee the production and delivery schedule for each piece of content. Your excellent writing, editing, and research skills, and ability to frame and draft compelling messages are crucial to your success in this role. In this role you will work within a growing marketing department reporting to the Director of Marketing while supporting our global Marketing Managers in the US and India.
As a member of our Marketing team, a typical day might include the following:
- Write and respond to a written RFP working with our sales team
- Write a blog post for our website working with SMEs within the company
- Work on copy for our monthly content calendar
- Update copy on our website to ensure a cohesive brand story
- Curate content for monthly e-newsletters
- Serve in a consultative capacity with partners across all geographies
- Create, execute and manage content working with your marketing colleagues to ensure a robust media mix, a cohesive storyline and leverage data to drive content decisions
- Create original content to promote the visibility and voice of Horizontal Talent
- Repackage content for alternate platforms where appropriate, including shaping storytelling and visuals for specific channels
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies).
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Help shape our digital media strategy by identifying content opportunities based on emerging trends, likeminded creators, and brands across all industries
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of content campaigns in driving traffic, conversions, and engagement
- Work globally with our Marketing Managers to ensure execution of the content strategy
- Work with the sales team to respond to written RFPs
- Help in creation of sales tools (PowerPoints, Word Docs, etc) to ensure consistency in our content
- 5+ years of experience in content development and copywriter preferably in the Staffing Industry.
- History of working on RFP responses
- Experience with working in a Content Management System (experience with working on Sitecore will be preferred).
- Possess an engaging writing style, creativity, and excellent attention to detail
- Has expert editorial writing skills, with an instinct for storytelling and narrative
- Exceptional skill in social media writing, including use of hashtags and relevant acronyms
- Creativity, adaptability and the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Able to think strategically and work collaboratively with a team
- Demonstrate a healthy balance of creative, editorial, and technical skills
- Able to perform efficiently and well under tight deadlines
- Able to manage own workflow while coordinating with Director of Marketing and Marketing Managers
- Willing to take direction if and when needed, but also work independently
- Able to respond positively to feedback
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Able to effectively manage relationships, both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communication, marketing, journalism or copy writing
About Horizontal Talent:
At Horizontal Talent, we put the customer first, embrace change, nurture collaboration, and work courageously. We are an office full of talented individuals who are passionate about the work we do. At Horizontal Talent we focus on being team players, doing good, integrity, positivity, and hustle. Our employees are the reason Horizontal Talent succeeds. We foster a culture of inclusiveness with an inspiring and supportive work environment.
Horizontal Talent’s core mission is to uncover great opportunities for our consultants and supply the talent our clients need to get things done. With support from our sister company, Horizontal Digital, our recruiters specialize in IT, Digital Marketing & Creative and Business & Strategy. Our track record speaks for itself—we're in the top 2% of staffing firms worldwide, and we've been a Fastest-Growing U.S. Staffing Firm since 2016.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, Horizontal Talent is a certified Minority Business Enterprise with additional offices across the globe in Chicago, Denver, Dallas, Washington D.C., Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Vadodara and Kuala Lumpur.