• The Senior DevOps Engineer understands the software development lifecycle (from coding to support) and understands various automation tools for developing digital pipelines.
• This role will shape how company combines the latest technologies and services to automate all aspects of software deployment and instance lifecycle management.
• Candidate is passionate about software automation and quality is always a priority.
• This role will collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization including but not limited to executive leadership, product owners, developers, and testers to plan, develop, and implement solutions to optimize and automate business and technical processes.
• This role will have responsibility for translating product vision and turning requirements into reality.
The Main Responsibilities:
• Develop and Deploy Automation Solutions for a business need.
• Apply a thorough understanding of deploying and managing application lifecycles to interpret customer business needs and processes.
• Work with the development team to improve the system architecture.
• Supportive and collaborative management ability in a team environment, as well as proven customer-facing management skills
• Proven experience with CI/CD tools, such as GITLAB CI, Jenkins and ITCDM.
• Knowledge on how to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in a test and product environments.
• Ability to identify, assess and integrate various requests using existing technologies and services.
• Work under agile principles.
• Assist other DevOps engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team.
What We Look for in a Candidate:
• 8 years overall professional software development experience.
• 5+ years of scripting language development experience (BASH, Perl and Python).
• LINUX Server Administration
• Experience with API integration and Micro Services and Containers
• Detailed understanding of networking at all layers.
• Familiar with concepts related to continuous integration and continuous deployment.
• Experienced with Relational and NOSQL databases.
• Candidate must have technical experience in orchestration tools such as Itential, Ansible, etc.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Bachelors and/or 8+ years equivalent work experience.
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $15.00 – $115.00 per hour (hourly rates in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.