1. Responsible to configure, monitor, troubleshoot and maintain network devices/software. Reviews device logs to ensure best industry practices and standards are maintained throughout the data network. Using logs, management tools and alerts, identifies, and reports to management any performance or security issues, suspected abuse or misuse of computer or network resources or compromise.
2. Assist in the design, implementation, monitoring and management of agency’s LAN/WAN/VoIP/VPN/Cellular/Internet connections and systems hardware. Install, configure, manage, troubleshoot, and repair network devices, software and any other NOC systems and services. Works with service providers and hardware vendors to upgrade, restore or repair as needed. Works to reduce outage down time, updating management from start to finish.
3. Responsible for performance monitoring, troubleshooting, network design changes, upgrades, network protocols, network security, IP management and technical documentation of system configurations and design. Assists in planning and implementation of network systems . Monitors network resources to ensure detected problems are quickly corrected. Uses system software to establish operational baselines and determine network activity under normal circumstances. Configure and upgrade network management software on Network Operations Center servers as needed.
4. Supports other resources with end-user network troubles and requests for service. Assists with Move/Add/Change requests, performs trouble resolution and carries out business-related engineering tasks. Assists with VPN user setup, configuration and trouble resolution. Assists with cellular devices to include user setup, configuration, trouble resolution and mobile device management.
5. Ensures consistent communication to manager and management for any suspicious activity, security risks/alerts, outages, deficiencies or concerns.
6. Maintain accurate documentation of LAN/WAN network hardware (e.g. routers, switches, out of band devices) to include but not limited to: system/port configurations, IP addresses, circuit IDs, code version and topology.
7. Performs other related duties as may be assigned by manager.
• Advanced knowledge of Solarwinds, monitoring tools, network administration, including WPM, SAM, UDT and WHD
• Basic knowledge of Qradar, monitoring tools, network administration
• Advanced scripting or development to assist in automation, reports, alerting
• Experience in projects involving PCI/ NIST/Pub1075 security implementations and / or audits.
• Good working knowledge of networking devices, communication protocols and Windows infrastructure including domain administration. • Knowledge/Ability to configure, troubleshoot, and repair networking devices (i.e. switches, routers), Windows servers and networking application software. Knowledge/Ability to use software such as packet sniffers, SNMP, and other network performance tools to monitor, manage and troubleshoot a data network. Knowledge/Ability to coordinate with service providers for trouble ticket creation, updates and resolution.
• Works under the general guidance of the Network Operations Center Manager. If the manager is not available will take directions from senior engineer. Employee has general discretion to use own good judgement in accordance with industry Best Practices and procedures.
• Position has access to sensitive departmental information, must pass background check.
• Employee must be able to lift 50 lbs, use a ladder, be able to use basic hand tools and must possess a valid driver's license.
• Must reside within a 40 mile radius of work site or be willing to relocate.
• Must respond to calls on Agency provided cell phone 24x7.