We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with demonstratable experience working with major cloud vendors (Azure specifically) who will help our team implement industry standard, DevOps “best practices”.
The DevOps Engineer will work closely with the technical leads and CTO identifying and establishing enhancements and adjustments to current practices. This is a unique opportunity to help us build scalable, efficient cloud infrastructure leveraging IaC (Infrastructure as Code) processes.
The DevOps Engineer will implement monitoring for automated system checks and assist in troubleshooting both production and non-production system issues as needed. As a driver of enhancements to our CI/CD pipeline, the DevOps Engineer will offer training and guidance around best practices.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Automate software deployment processes.
- Monitor application performance by anticipating and correcting operational issues before their occurrence.
- Troubleshoot performance problems in production system.
- Create more stable operating environments by continuously improving the infrastructure to be easily deployable and scalable.
- Deploy updates and fixes to environments.
- Maintain cloud network configurations and network diagrams.
- Report on current infrastructure status and assist in planning for future usage.
- Advise on cost optimization for current infrastructure.
- Coordinate with department leadership to plan, and schedule the release of all software, hardware, or operating system updates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, or other engineering or technical discipline, and 5 years of relevant experience is required. Years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education. Experience in a healthcare field is preferred.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment.
- Subject matter expertise with Microsoft Azure
- Maintain operating efficiency and stability, ensure the security and integrity of all systems and data, and respond to outages and other issues.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- One or more Azure cloud certifications
- Demonstrated expertise in Azure cloud technologies and services
- Experience designing and developing Azure computing infrastructure, data implementation, networking implementation, security and identity solutions, and solutions by using Azure platform services.
- History of performing hands-on Azure work to solve complex technical problems.
- Azure PowerShell or similar scripting experience
Core CL Principles
- Believing in creating ways to access the right care, the right location and without delay.
- Driving a passion for more efficient health care systems to better manage the access to care.
- Serving as a partner to all customers, internal and external, to achieve outcomes.
- Possessing the ability to learn and adapt by leveraging benchmark data, utilizing operational best practices and continuously analyzing performance.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.