As a Cloud Operations Engineer you will work closely with the architecture, development, and operations teams to design and implement hybrid cloud and cloud native solutions utilizing both Azure infrastructure, platform, and software as a service (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) offerings as well as other cloud based SaaS tools.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
1. Define and implement Azure cloud-based solution architectures.
2. Help monitor Azure cloud-based systems for availability, performance, reliability, security, etc. using tools like Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Trusted Advisor, or similar.
3. Utilize automation tools such as Azure Resource Manager (ARM)
4. Assist with upgrading, installing, and configuring monitoring solutions for Azure IaaS Windows and Linux servers and PaaS services like Azure SQL.
5. Install operating systems and application software in cloud compute environments
6. Maintain cloud network configurations and network diagrams
7. Report on current infrastructure status and planning for future usage.
8. Help automate the management and enforcement of policies using Azure Policies, or similar.
9. Advise on cost optimization for current infrastructure.
10. Manage Azure AD and on-premise AD in a hybrid mode
11. Mobile Device Management via tools like InTune and JAMF
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, or other engineering or technical discipline, and 5 years of relevant experience is required. 7 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education. Experience in a healthcare field is preferred.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
• None required
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment
• Subject matter expertise with Microsoft Azure – anyone else there with this experience?
• Maintain operating efficiency and stability, ensure the security and integrity of all systems and data, and respond to outages and other issues.
• Coordinate with department leadership to plan, design, and schedule the release of all software, hardware, or operating system updates
• Develop and enhance processes and technical documentation, create back-up procedures, test plans, and reports
• Computer applications and systems related to the work.
• Methods to communicate with staff, coworkers, and customers to ensure safe, effective and appropriate operations.
• Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
• One or more Azure cloud certifications
• Demonstrated expertise in Azure cloud technologies and services
• Experience designing and developing Azure computing infrastructure, data implementation, networking implementation, security and identity solutions, and solutions by using Azure platform services
• History of performing hands-on Azure work to solve complex technical problems
• Azure PowerShell or similar scripting experience
• Interpreting, applying and explaining applicable laws, codes and regulations.
• Using initiative and independent judgment within established department guidelines.
• Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
Core CL Principles
• Believing in creating ways to access the right care, the right location and without delay.
• Driving a passion for more efficient health care systems to better manage the access to care.
• Serving as a partner to all customers, internal and external, to achieve outcomes.
• Possessing the ability to learn and adapt by leveraging benchmark data, utilizing operational best practices and continuously analyzing performance.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in an office setting.